Dr. Guiseppe Calligaris studied medicine and obtained his medical degree in 1901 summa cum laude at the medical facility in Bologna for his pioneering dissertation titled, Thoughts Do Heal.
The key points of his research were:
- He discovered that certain lines and points on the skin were related to the mind and subconscious and paranormal and metaphysical abilities.
- Through experiments he discovered a network of lines, a grid of longitudinal meridians and parallels of latitude on the skin that have less electrical resistance and formed geometrical patterns, squares that he called ‘windows to the cosmos’.
- These spots could be loaded (force of the metal cylinders) forcing an echo of the vital vibrations of the universe.Our brain is just a concave mirror for the universal consciousness.
- He tested tens of thousands of people over 30 years.
- He proved that everybody has the possibility to be stimulated for clairvoyance, clairaudience, precognition and retrocognition.
- At certain points on the body, microbes or viruses within the body would show a picture of themselves upon the skin.
For over thirty years, Calligaris examined thousands of individuals, and discovered that the system of coordinates and points on the skin of the human body evoked reproducible effects. He proved that everybody could be stimulated to enhance clairvoyance, clairaudience, and precognition and retrocognition, the same way that we learn writing or mathematical calculations.
Calligaris discovered points of intersections of cosmic energies which acted as mirrors, collectors and accumulators. He found that these points could be loaded [i.e. a force applied against the point], for instance, by metal cylinders, and stimulated to better reflect the higher intelligence and to produce an echo of the vital vibrations of the universe.
Today the books of Calligaris are rare. The majority of his books are written in Italian, and virtually none of the works have been translated into other languages.
In several tests before professors, Dr. Calligaris took test subjects, and demonstrated that, when particular parts of the skin were stimulated, they could receive impressions which allowed them to see objects which were out of normal sight. In order to activate the test subject to become capable of identifying objects on the other side of a wall, Professor Calligaris pressed on a particular point, located on the right side of the rib cage, for approximately fifteen minutes. (You can read about this in Autobiography of a Yogi by Yogananda.)
Touching various points on the anatomy of the test subjects produced different capabilities. The grid on the body that Calligaris found corresponds to the degrees of longitude or latitude of the earth. Located on this grid are the sensitive circular areas, like islands; areas with a radius of a few millimeters, as well as other geometric forms which stimulate other cognitive abilities.”
Dr. Calligaris found that a mental image, the thought-form itself, will cause stimulation within the body. This leads to the basic idea of his doctoral thesis, “Thoughts Do Heal.” There is a mental-dermal effect which physically registers on the body and shows the radiation of the thought-forms or thought-waves. Research has shown that thoughts can be regarded as objects with physical existence.
Various Calligaris locations are related with certain organs, and these spots respond and correspond to emotions. So, thoughts can cause emotions and touch organs, which in turn relate to the points on the skin. Although there might be some overlap this is not the acupuncture meridian system and not acupuncture points.
Calligaris found that the dermo-visceral-psychological-mental reflex is produced by simply rubbing certain skin areas. Stimulation of the Calligaris points takes about ten to twenty minutes, depending on the case. The stimulation itself is provided by cold metal cylinders, the therapist’s fingers, or by a low electrical current. Following the stimulation, the desired effects will be felt by the patient.
To inspire and empower with love, in love and through love.